“A picture is worth a thousand words.” The science behind this phrase is sound, but what can you do with this information as a presenter?
Humans are visual beings – 90% of information transmitted to our brain is visual. For thousands of years, we’ve used images and drawing to communicate with each other. In today’s digital world, we still use visual presentations to convey our thoughts.
Every presenter wants to convey, convince, and inspire their audience. Presentations are the preferred method to get the job done. When a presenter voices their thoughts, the corresponding slides should act as visual clues and complement the idea.
But in many instances, our slides only consist of the information that is being spoken in the presentation. This is a huge setback for any presenters who must battle short attention spans and phone apps.
To maximize audience engagement, it’s crucial to find the right balance between visual and aural information.
Here are few tips on how to use images to maximize presentation effectiveness:
- Keep your slide backgrounds plain. Don’t use images as a background prop or as decor for your slides.
- Use metaphorical images to add some humor to your slides once in a while.
- Keep your images clear and big, so that they are visible to your audience.
- Supplement your key points with images; this will help audiences to remember them better.
- Add live examples to your presentations with short, engaging videos.
To add visual elements to your slides in Zoho Show:
Go ahead and add images/videos that complement your content, fit your narrative and highlight your ideas.